Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Little Bit Stressed :-/


Well, I’ve been a little bit stressed out lately with school.  Normally, I’m putting the finishing touches on my classroom.  Not this year!  We have been under construction since April with new air conditioning/heat units.  They are STILL working.  We also decided to move classrooms this year.  Little did we know that construction would still be happening in July!  I’ve been very excited about changing rooms.  I had been in my 2nd grade room since 1999.  It was time for a change.  The room I’m moving to happens to have belonged to one of the most inspirational teachers I’ve ever known.  She amazes me.  I am hoping some of that talent of hers rubbed off on the room.  One can hope? 
Anyway, to make a long story shortthe school is in a mess.  Everyone is praying the construction workers will leave soon and we can reclaim our building.  Apparently, school will not wait and August is approaching very quickly.  This is the extent of the work I’ve managed to accomplish so far.  It was by lots of sweat, Advil, volunteers and my amazing principal that my belongings were moved from upstairs to the new 2nd grade wing.  Now, to spend the next 2 weeks setting up, decorating, filing, organizing, sorting, and sprucing.  If you need me, I WILL be at work everyday.most likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Classroom Reads